This is category speaks of a part of my personality that I identify with 100% which is being Nerdy. Though there is no final established difference between a geek and a nerd, I’d like to believe that the dissimilarity lies in the choice topic of obsession – since it’s almost always insinuated for nerds and geeks to be obsessed with interchangeable topics.
A nerd, by definition, is a person who behaves awkwardly around other people and usually has unstylish clothes, hair, etc.; or a person who is very interested in technical subjects, computers, etc. (Merriam-Webster Dictionary, 2015).
But in the context of this blog, a nerd is someone who subscribes him/herself to different fields of interest such as books, TV, film, animes, mangas, and games; not to be confused with geek with roughly the same attributes only that the fields of interest lie on technical subjects, such as science and technology (The Awkweird Enya’s Dictionary, 2015).
And so, for your convenience, here is a list of the shite that I will post about in this category.
- Reviews – reviews of all books I’ve ever read
- Tags – posts on tags to and from other book bloggers (in which I hope to be good friends soon so we can play tag)
- Possible bookworm adventures – all book-related experiences that make a bookworm feel better (or worse) about being a bookworm
- Popcorn Popping – film reviews for both local and international viewing (when the opportunity strikes)
- Couch Potating – series and season premier review/reaction
- Teasing Trailers – reactions to trailers, with possible theories and predictions
- Movies – as stated above with film reviews
- Series – as stated above with book reviews
So until I get my nerd on,